Open Until Filled
Reports to Laboratory Manager
Under general supervision, this position performs routine work in an office environment. This job will require versatility and eagerness to learn and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answering phone calls and directing them to the appropriate individuals.
- Greeting clients as they come in the office.
- Accepting payments from clients.
- Help clients fill out chain of custodies.
- Making sample kits for various clients throughout Alaska
- Accepting water samples according to the laboratory’s procedures.
- Picking samples up from various commuter airlines
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Filling of documents into the appropriate areas.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize various tasks.
- Upbeat attitude.
- Clean and legible handwriting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position primarily works indoors, which may involve exposure to chemicals and/or raw sewage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 60 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full-Time position.
Required Education and Experience
- Six months to one year of experience in a customer service environment
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate degree preferred or currently continuing education in a sciences field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license or have the ability to obtain one prior to employment. Must be able to pass a background check. Must be able to operate Mac and PC computers. Knowledge in Excel spread sheets is a requirement.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
Expected hours: 30 – 40 per week
- 8 hour shift
- Associate (Preferred)
- Administrative Assistants & Receptionists: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
If Interested in this position, please follow instructions. Those who follow the instructions will only be considered, please read carefully.
In order to apply please email your resume to email@example.com.
Please include the following: The position in which you are applying for, 3 references, desired pay and possible start date.