This is a non-exempt position.
Open until filled
The Pollen Environmental crew is growing! We are looking for a Laboratory manager to join our dynamic business. The Laboratory Manager reports to the President of the company.
The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or in a science related field. 3-4 years of laboratory experience and 4 years of managerial experience is required.
As the laboratory manager your duties will include but not limited to:
- Manage day to day operation of the laboratory, analysts and reception.
- Ensure samples are handled correctly including proper methods are run, hold times met and samples are handled properly.
- Interact with the public including answering questions regarding water quality and sampling techniques.
- Prepare sample kits and assist customers with sampling schedules.
- Conduct drinking water and wastewater analysis on a daily basis for Standard Methods and EPA analysis.
- Conduct sampling for various projects for private and industrial clients both indoors and outdoors.
- Prepare and review data reports, run logs and various tracking lists on a daily basis.
- Update SOP’s and QAPM and assist with state audits on an annual basis.
- Perform annual proficiency testing samples and assist with annual re-certification of microbiology and chemistry methods required by the state of Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Have a full understanding of client confidentiality and our code of ethics.
Additional Skills needed for position:
Must be able to lift 70lbs. Able to multi task and use time wisely. Know how to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
Driving record and criminal background checks will be required.
The laboratory manager must be competent in Problem Solving/Analysis, Ethical Conduct and Communication Proficiency. Our small family business maintains a high level of Accuracy, Precision and Professional Service. Attention to detail and customer service is an absolute must in order to be considered for this position.
- Health Insurance
- SEP Retirement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 – $35.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Supervising experience: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: In person
Please include the following: The position in which you are applying for, 3 references, desired pay and possible start date.